The call for papers is now CLOSED! Back to: Conference page
SAOUG (Southern African Online User Group) and OSALL (Organisation of SA Law Librarians) are now inviting proposals for papers to be presented at the next SAOIM (Southern African Online Information Meeting).
SAOIM provides a forum for the exchange of information on current developments, applications and opportunities in the expanding field of online information. As with the previous conferences, the aim of the 12th SAOIM is to provide insight into the exciting extent of growth and activity taking place in the information industry. Coverage will include not only the traditional online systems and services, but also latest areas of information transfer and exchange.
Conference papers are sought in all areas related to online information, including but not limited to, the following:
- Best practices
- Mobile technologies: providing information access via mobile delivery channels
- eBooks and libraries
- Data management
- Semantic web, Web 3.0 and information discovery
- Cloud computing
- Virtual research environments
- Open access publishing
- Digital curation
- The changing role of the information professional
- Value addition and innovative services
- Information literacy
- Embedded librarianship
- Next generation libraries
- Managing electronic resources in academic and corporate libraries
- Knowledge sharing & collaboration
- New technologies and service delivery
- Cyber security
Papers to focus innovative and best practice ‘show and tell’. Come and share the new things that you are doing in short 10 minute sessions. All aspect of good online practice will be welcome. Case studies most welcome
Whilst priority will be given to contributors on the suggested themes, presentations on other relevant topics will also be considered. All proposals will be evaluated by a joint panel of SAOUG and OSALL members in a blind review. Proposals will be judged on their relevance to the online information field as well as on the strength of the idea and potential member interest. All applicants will be notified of a decision, however, the decision of the selectors is final and no correspondence with regard to acceptance or rejection of submitted papers will be entered into.
Submission guidelines and specifications
- Concise papers (20 minutes maximum) based on practical experience or practical applications of information technology are preferred. Supporting and supplementary detail may be included in the complete, written paper.
- Due to time constraints only one presenter per paper will be allowed.
- As this is an international event, papers must be presented in English.
- Should you wish to present a paper, please submit your 250 word abstract together with the following details via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 February 2014:
- Company / Institution / Affiliation
- Telephone (W) and fax numbers
- Cell phone number
- E-mail address
- Date of submission
Satellite events, including exhibitions and pre- and post-conference workshops, will be
held to maximise the benefit delegates will derive from attending the formal sessions on the 4th – 5th June 2014. Please e-mail: email@example.com should you be interested in the following:
- Exhibiting during the conference, 4th – 5th June 2014
- Presenting events such as training courses, workshops and tutorials on the 3rd or 6th June 2014. (Please enclose a brief outline of the proposed event.)
- An opportunity to present product reviews or workshops will be given to exhibitors, service providers and publishers during the conference. (Please enclose a brief outline of the product review / workshop.)
- NEW: Poster Presentation opportunities (Information to follow soon)
The following keynote speakers have been confirmed, topics still to be announced:
- Joe Murhpy: (Librarian & Technology Trend Spotter); USA
- Brian Kelly: Innovation Advocate, Cetis, University of Bolton; UK
- Jane Gikandi: (Catholic University to Cooperative University College of Kenya (CUCK) – Jane’s Page on Open Access Week); Kenya
Full details of keynote speakers, papers, exhibitors, workshops, seminars and product will be posted in due time.