- RT @mashable: Humanoid robot walks through a forest like it's no big thing on.mash.to/1J1vr0Y http://t.co/JRoeWkX7Ch 2 weeks ago
- @SAOUG10 @ujlibscience twitter.com/OpenRepository… 2 weeks ago
- Follow the conversation at IFLA WLIC 2015: conference.ifla.org/ifla81 Official hashtag #wlic2015. #SAOUG is represented by @SusanScheepers 2 weeks ago
- 45,668 hits
On 13th of May 2015 at the University of Pretoria Library, took place the SAOUG talk and a brainstorming session on Makerspace. Isak van der Walt from the UP Library and the head of the UP Makerspace facility, explain to the participants what is Makerspace and what you should consider if you want to create a Makerspace at your work place. Two practical sessions took place in which the participants were divided in groups and asked the following questions:
- If you need to buy a medicine from a pharmacy in China, how would you explain to the pharmacist what medicine you need. Thus considering the language barriers.
- Participants work on creating a project plan for a Makerspace facility at a “X” institution
Di Kruger from Rand Merchandise Bank won the lucky draw – power bank.
This is what she has to say: “Thanks again for the power bank. I am really delighted that I was the winner”