This year one of SAOUG’s focus points will be our members. Our members keep this organization going. In order for us to do this, we have a two-step plan. First we would like to update our existing members’ details, to ensure that we have the correct information on our database. Secondly, we would like grow our organization by drawing new members to join.
We would like to ask all existing members to please update their membership details by completing our online form. Everyone who updates their details before 12:00 on the 3rd of Feb 2017, will be entered into a lucky draw to win free SAOUG membership for one year (Jan-Dec 2017).
New members who would like to join, please complete the online form. All new members that join our organization before 12:00 on the 3rd of Feb 2017, will be entered into a lucky draw to win free SAOUG membership for a year (Jan-Dec 2017).
What the SAOUG offers:
The SAOUG aims to facilitate a collaborative learning and networking platform for the personal and professional development of information professionals in the Southern African region.
The following are the benefits of becoming a member:
- R140 per year for individual membership
- R500 for corporate membership
- Free for full-time students – proof of registration required
- Up to four meetings per year and a biennial international conference at significantly reduced rates
- The opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills
- The chance to network with other information professionals
- The opportunity to exchange information on current developments in the field
More information about membership and a registration form can be found at https://saoug.org.za/membership/.
General information about the SAOUG can be found at https://saoug.org.za/.
If you’d like to talk to us, please also feel free to contact one of our friendly team.
You are cordially invited to the Southern African Online User Group’s (SAOUG) 2017 Valentine’s Breakfast & Talk.
||Tuesday, 14 February 2017
||08:30 – 11:30
||Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa, Kromdraai Road, Muldersdrift
||R150 for paid-up members; R360 for non-members
|08:30 – 09:00
|09:00 – 09:10
||Welcome and announcements
|09:10 – 10:00
|10:00 – 10:10
||Introduction of Speaker
|10:10 – 11:10
||TALK by Kirsten Long (Coaching Culture Clubs): Watch your language.
|11:10 – 11:30
||Wrap up & Thank you
About the talk
Relationships are easy when you know how. With sound strategies and simple tactics building strong relationships becomes a reality.
TO RSVP: Please complete the REGISTRATION FORM by Friday, 3 February 2017
Please take note: In case of “no-show” or cancellation of less than 7 days before the meeting, you will have to pay the full non-member price
Happy 2017 to all! I want to extend my best wishes for the new year, and encourage everyone to join us for the fantastic events we are planning for 2017.
I am honoured to have been selected as the SAOUG Chair for 2017-2018! As the incoming Chair, along with our dedicated Executive Committee, my goals for this year include the following:
- To bring quality events to our members and other information professionals in order to facilitate a collaborative learning and networking platform for personal and professional development
- To encourage our current members to make use of the opportunities to attend our events at the discounted rates
- To draw new members to join our organization and reap the benefits of SAOUG membership.
As we all know, our profession is ever evolving and this year we hope to bring you opportunities and events to keep up to date with the latest initiatives and developments. Please join us for our first 2017 event, our annual Valentine’s breakfast. Announcements can be expected soon. Come and meet our Executive Committee and bring along a colleague or two who might be interested in joining our organization. I hope to see you all there and look forward to working with all members of the SAOUG!
Tel: +27 12 420 3791